THE DECCAN ODYSSEY TRAIN JOURNEYS
A journey aboard Deccan Odyssey-The Blue Limousine on Rolling Wheels- is a superlative experience, with 6 meticulously designed itineraries at the disposal of tourists. Where else would you find a UNESCO World Heritage Site, an excellent vineyard, a palatial residence, lions & tigers basking in the glory of the sun, sun-kissed beaches and tranquil backwaters? Each of the aforementioned destinations is traversed by this luxury tourist train. The luxury train journey aboard Deccan Odyssey is one of the most exciting ways and grand ways marked by sheer opulence and pomp. All the six journeys speak volumes about the ancient architecture, royal living and religious destinations among others.
Day 01 Arrival in Delhi- Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore)
Guests gather at the railway station at 2015 hours and complete the formalities related to check-in and reservations. A traditional welcome with a welcome drink is arranged for the guests and are then taken to their respected cabins. As guests relax, the train leaves for the next destination Sawai Madhopur. Dinner and overnight stay onboard.
Day 02 Sawai Madhopur- Ranthambore National Park
The train reaches Sawai Madhopur, which is mainly popular for Ranthambore National Park. Have your breakfast and set out for the game drive. Ranthambore National Park is one of the biggest and most popular national parks in North India. The park is also a tiger reserve. Other than tigers you can spot nilgai antelope, chinkara gazelles, sambhar deer, chital, leopard, crocodile, jungle fowl, quails, partridges, crested serpent eagle, flycatchers, woodpeckers, among others. Return to the train for lunch and relax for a while. Later, proceed for a village tour and interact with locals. After this, it is time for high-tea at the Sawai Madhopur Lodge, which served as a royal hunting ground for the erstwhile royal family of Jaipur. Return to the train as it leaves for Agra. Overnight stay and dinner onboard.
Day 03 Agra
On the third day of the tour, you luxury train reaches the City of Taj, Agra. Have your breakfast onboard and proceed to visit Taj Mahal. This white-marble mausoleum was built by Emperor Shah Jahan for his wife. Today it stands as a testimony of true love and magnificent architecture. Lunch is arranged in a city hotel, after which you visit Itmad-ud-Daulah (Also known as Baby Taj). This tomb belongs to Ghiyas Beg and was commissioned by his daughter Nur Jahan, years before the Taj Mahal. Afterward, explore the popular Agra Fort. Later, you can shop in the local markets or opt for massages in a spa. Return to the comforts of the luxury train and stay overnight.
Day 04 Jaipur
Welcome to the Pink City today, the capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur. Once you have your breakfast, leave for Amer Fort. This is a star attraction of the city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site along with other Hill Forts of Rajasthan. The fort was built in the 17th century by Maharaja Mansingh, but its grace and charm don’t seem to have faded. While on the way to Amer Fort, you can stop at other attractions of Jaipur, such as Hawa Mahal, City Palace, and Jantar Mantar. Hawa Mahal is an iconic spot, with intricately placed windows that look like a honeycomb. Jantar Mantar is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and houses the world’s largest stone sundial. Lunch is to be arranged in a city hotel. After lunch, you can either indulge in a spa session in a city hotel or take a stroll in the colorful markets of Jaipur which are stocked with handicraft, paintings, bangles, lehenga cholis, and other knick-knacks. Return to the comforts of your luxury train, have dinner and stay overnight as it leaves for the next destination- Udaipur.
Day 05 Udaipur
The train arrives in the City of Lakes, Udaipur, on the fifth day of your tour. Owing to the spectacular backgrounds of the Aravali Range and scintillating lakes, Udaipur is also known as Venice of the East. Breakfast is served onboard. The first site of the day is City Palace, the largest complex in Rajasthan with a beautiful Crystal Gallery in it. Then, take a ferry on the Lake Pichola in order to reach Jagmandir Palace. This is where lunch is to be served, accompanied with the taps of Tabla and rhythm of Jal Tarang. The palace dates back to the 17th century and looks upon a brilliant view of the Aravalis. Return to Deccan Odyssey and relax for some time. After this, take a heritage walk through the Old City of Jaipur. Board the train yet again in the evening. Dinner is served on board as the train leaves for Vadodara. Overnight stay onboard.
Day 06 Vadodara
As you reach the Capital of Gaekwads, Vadodara, have your breakfast and disembark for visiting the Champaner-Pavagadh Archeological Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This is the only unchanged and complete Islamic city in India that belongs to the Pre-Mughal era. In one of its attractions (Jami Masjid), a blend of Hindu and Islamic architecture is seen. Drive back to the train and savor leisure lunch. Later, visit Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum, which in the erstwhile era served as an educational institute for the children of royal households. Today, however, it has turned into a treasure for an art-aficionado. Enjoy high tea at the Laxmi Vilas Palace, the royal residence even today. The palace was built in 1890 and is four times the size of Buckingham Palace. There also is a collection of old armory and sculptures made of marble, terracotta, and bronze. Treat your taste-buds with local delicacies and your eyes with the cultural show. Return onboard as the dinner gets served and the train chugs off for Aurangabad. Overnight stay onboard.
Day 07 Aurangabad- Ellora Caves
On the seventh day of the tour, you reach Aurangabad, the Mughal city named after its Great Emperor Aurangzeb. The morning is to be spent at leisure, so can enjoy an unhurried breakfast session. The train arrives in Aurangabad as the lunch gets served. Take a scenic drive to Ellora Caves (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This consists of 30 rock-cut shrines that represent Hindu, Buddhist and Jain forms of art, dating back to a time between the 4th and 5th century AD. Return to the comforts of the luxury train once you are done exploring Ellora Caves. Enjoy sun-downer at Mumbai-Hi in the evening, followed by dinner. Overnight stay onboard.
Day 08 Mumbai
The Deccan Odyssey reaches the final leg of its tour, Indian Odyssey, on the eighth day. The train stations at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station of Mumbai. After having breakfast onboard, guests disembark and bid farewell to the Deccan Odyssey.
- Go tiger-spotting in one of North India’s most popular and biggest national parks, Ranthambore National Park
- Experience the magic of love and flawlessness of architecture at The Taj Mahal
- Shop for colorful traditional handicrafts, artifacts, clothing, and accessories in the streets of Agra, Udaipur, and Jaipur
- Visit one of the best Hill Forts of Rajasthan, Amer Fort, in Jaipur.
- Have lunch in Jagmandir Palace, where the rhythm of Jal Tarang and taps of Tabla would accompany you
- Visit Laxmi Vilas Palace which is four times the size of Buckingham Palace
- Witness ancient art in the very popular Ellora Caves
CHECK IN PROCEDURE
In Delhi, the security check will be conducted at the time of check-in at the railway station, whereby, luggage is required to be scanned. Please present your passport at the time of check-in to collect ticket voucher and relevant documents.
# Note – Schedule is subject to change in case of any changes in the Security regulations directed by the Government of India.
Check-in venue is subject to change with prior intimation
All arrival and departure timings are approximate and subject to change by the Indian Railways.
- 20% of the ticket value at the time of booking
- 80% of the ticket value 45 days before the departure date
- Any cancellation must be advised immediately by Email and subsequently confirmed by letter to the Central Reservation Division
- No cancellation on canceling 60 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 20% of ticket value on canceling 59 – 45 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 50% of ticket Value on canceling 44 – 30 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 100% of ticket value on canceling 29 days prior to the departure date
- Deccan Odyssey does accommodate children but we ask parents to be mindful of the sophisticated adult atmosphere we endeavor to maintain.
- One child up to 5 years of age shall be allowed free of cost in the Deluxe Cabin, subject to sharing of a double bed with parents. This is subject to the availability of a double bed at the time of booking.
- For families, with a child between 6-12 years of age, or, with two children with one child below 5 years and another between 6-12 years, we recommend the Presidential Suite which has a double bed in the bedroom and can be shared with a child below 5 years and a sofa cum bed in the living room which can accommodate the older child. In this case, the child/children will be accommodated free of cost.
- In the case of two children between 6-12 years of age traveling with their parents, you will have to take 2 cabins. The first child pays 25% of the adult fare and the second child will have to pay 50% of the adult fare. One of the parents will have to be present with the child/children in the cabin.
- Please note that we do not have the facility for interconnecting cabins.
- All applicable taxes will be charged extra.
> Accommodation in the double/twin bedded cabin with en-suite bathrooms/li> > Soft Beverages during meals(B, L, D) > Valet Service > Still Camera fees > Guided off train excursions and game drives as illustrated in the itinerary - inclusive of entrance fees, park fees, transport and services of an English speaking local guide
> Taxes, Insurance, Gratuities > Laundry, Alcoholic Beverages, Soft beverages during non-meal hours > Video and professional Still Camera fees > Arrival and Departure transfers > International and Domestic air tickets > Pre and Post tour accommodation and any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as a part of the journey