The land of the Buddha, India bridges the material world to the spiritual. The birthplace of Buddhism, our Buddha Tour is designed for those seeking the peace of mind and rejuvenation. The various destinations covered by this programme takes you to the world-renowned holy site like Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Sarnath, Bodhgaya, Rajgir, Nalanda, Patna, Vaishali, Kushinagar, Lumbini, Balrampur, Sravasti, and Lucknow. All the sacred sites have been associated with Lord Buddha right from his birth to the rise of Buddhism in India. All in all the tour package offers the best of the Buddhist circuit in India. So get ready to walk on the footprints of Lord Buddha with the Buddha Tour.
Day 0I: Delhi
Welcome to Delhi, the capital of India. You will be received and transferred to your hotel. You have the remaining day to brace up for the excitement ahead.
Day 02: Delhi
Daylong sightseeing tour of Old Delhi (Shahajahanabad) and New Delhi (Lutyen’s Delhi). The tour covers the rich monumental and cultural heritage that the capital of India is proud of. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Delhi – Agra – Varanasi
Leave Delhi for Agra by road (203 kms / 4 Hrs). Afternoon sightseeing tour of Agra, the city of the Taj Mahal. Evening leave Agra for Varanasi by overnight train.
Day 04: Varanasi – Sarnath
Arrive Varanasi early in the morning. On arrival check-in at hotel and refresh for a visit to Sarnath -the place where Lord Buddha preached his first Sermon in 590 BC. Afternoon sightseeing tour of Varanasi, visiting Ghats, Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Gyanvyapi Mosque, Durga Temple, Banaras Hindu University, Ram Nagar, Fort, and Museum. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Varanasi – Bodhgaya
VaranasiEarly morning boat-ride on the River Ganges. Thereafter, leave Varanasi by road for Bodhgaya (242 kms / 6-7 Hrs) one of the holiest Buddhist pilgrimage centers in the state of Bihar. It was here that Gautama attained enlightenment and became Buddha under the “Bodhi” tree Satabodhi Temple. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Bodhgaya
Morning visit temples in Bodhgaya. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07: Bodhgaya – Rajgir – Nalanda – Patna
Leave Bodhgaya for Patna (229 kms / 6-7 Hrs) en-route visiting Rajgir & Nalanda. Patna is a 2500-year-old capital city of Bihar. Rajgir was capital of 6th century Magadha Empire and was the revered site of Buddha’s discourses. Buddha spent many years here. Nalanda is world’s oldest university founded in the 5th century. Overnight at hotel in Patna.
Day 08: Patna – Vaishali – Kushinagar
Morning leaves Patna for Kushinagar (253 kms / 8 hrs) en-route visiting Vaishali -located 60 kms from Patna and holds special significance for Buddhist devotees. Kushinagar is the place where Buddha passed into Maha-Parinirvana. Afternoon visit Kushinagar the various stupas and temples. Overnight at hotel.
Day 09: Kushinagar – Lumbini – Sravasti
Leave Kushinagar by road for Lumbini (170 kms / 4-5 Hrs) – the birthplace of Buddha and is located just a few kilometers inside Nepal. Sightseeing tour of Lumbini and thereafter leave for Sravasti by road (225 kms / 6 hrs). On arrival transfer to hotel and overnight stay.
Day l0: Balarampur – Sahet & Mahet – Lucknow – Delhi
Balarampur Morning visit to Sahet & Mahet -15 kms from Balrampur and the capital of the ancient Kingdom of Kosala. Sravasti has the honor for sheltering Buddha for 24 rainy seasons in the Jetvana Vihar and has the famous Anand Bodhi tree, age-old stupas, majestic monasteries, and several temples. Buddha is said to have performed some miracles here. After sightseeing leave for Lucknow by road (175 kms). Commence from Lucknow to Delhi by air or train. On arrival check-in at the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 11: Day at leisure
Transfer to international airport for flight to the onward destination (Hotel Checkout 12:00 Hrs).
• This package tour is personalized & individual and can be started at any time of the year. This tour is based on private departures, where you benefit from having a private executive car and freedom to stop en-route for breaks or for photographic opportunities.
• An air-conditioned car with driver, all-inclusive. Fuel for the car, Insurance, Road and State taxes, Toll taxes, Parking fees and all transport related expense including Driver’s food and lodging.
• Driver with excellent skills and record, a good knowledge of the area you are visiting and sufficient English to communicate with you.
• The car will be with you from your arrival to departure with as many stops to sightseeing as you want enroute.
• Double bedroom with breakfast and all taxes included.
• Accommodation in Double Rooms on twin sharing basis.
• Transfers and land transportation according to the proposed itinerary.
• Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports, hotels by our company representative.
• Tips, laundry, telephone bills, postage, and Beverages. Meals unless specified.
• Entrances to Monuments and other specified destination.
• Movie/video camera fee at monuments.
• Domestic or International airfare unless specified.
• Medical or baggage insurance.
• Airport Departure taxes, Visa Charge
• Tips and gratuities.
• Any other service that has not been specified
• Your game safaris in the National Parks unless specified above.
• New Year, Christmas, festivals & Events Period (supplements to be advised, if required)